My name is Ruth Hartley. I have a degree in Psychology and a diploma in Therapeutic Counselling awarded by the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body, I am also a Neuro Linguistic Programming Certified Practitioner.
I am an accredited/registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and abide by their code of ethics. I am fully insured and receive monthly supervision. I have been working as a counsellor since 2005 in schools, Employee Assistance Programmes and private practice.
Some of the issues I help people with include;
- Depression. Low mood
- Anxiety, stress, panic attacks
- OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)
- PND (post-natal depression)
- Unresolved childhood issues – child sexual abuse, mental abuse, physical abuse, neglect
- Attachment issues
- Loss and bereavement
- Gay and lesbian issues (identity)
- PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)
- Personal development
- Work with adolescents
- Inner child work.